Wednesday 23 June 2010

Drive-By Blog

If this seems like a rather hastily written and short blog thats because it is. Sorry.

I have my book of writing exercises in front of me and the next task is the Handbag Exercise. I am quite sad in that I am rather looking forward to this one-write down a list of six items to be found in a handbag without putting too much effort into what you're writing. Then construct a character, who would own the handbag and why are those things in there?

According to the writer of the task book you can tell a lot by a person by the contents of their bag and so you should be able to make up an entirely new person by what you find. It got me wondering, if I were a fictional character what would my (actual) bag say about me? Removing the rather obvious like phone, keys, purse etc.

So six random items:-

Shoelaces
No less than 4 pens
No less than 3 lip products
Rescue Remedy
Sunglasses
Two packets of painkillers

Oh dear. I've already got a mini-picture of this character and she's looking a bit neurotic if you ask me.

Here's my question then- what six random things do you pull out of your bag? What do they say about the character you're creating? Feel free to tell me and who knows maybe I'll get some inspiration from it.

(I'll update on 'D' soon I promise ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment